At 38 weeks pregnant, I wanted to share with you my hospital bag check list and how to organize your bag. This is for all the mommas, soon to be mamas, papas, family members or friends helping a pregnant loved one!
I try to be super minimalist when it comes to packing. I dislike bringing items that I don’t use (I don’t like carrying or lugging around unnecessary weight, even if it is in a rolling bag). At the very least have these items and be sure to contact the hospital/birth center you will be delivering in to find out what they will be providing, so that you don’t have to worry about bringing it!
FOR MOM LABOR & RECOVERY:
Birth Plan, Insurance Information, Identification like your driver’s license (tucked safely in my purse)
1. Nursing Bra
2. Extra underwear
3. Nursing Tank
4. One to two Pairs of comfortable bottoms (leggings, skirts, etc.)
5. Hair ties/Head band
6. Shower shoes , Slippers, and/or socks (use a clear shower cap to wrap your shoes in, so you don’t get other items in your bag dirty and you can easily see the item that’s wrapped)
7 . Basic toiletries: (soap, shampoo/conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, face lotion, body lotion), Nursing Pads, Nipple Cream, Lip Balm, Dad’s toothbrush
8. Going home outfit, with accessories appropriate for the season (hat, blanket)
9. Books/Coloring Books that keep them entertained
10. Comfortable Clothing in layers
11. Camera Phone and Chargers to share in your joy
12. Cash/Some snacks to keep nearby if you or any one else gets hungry
THE HOSPITAL MAY PROVIDE, OR YOU CAN BRING IT:
Sleep gown for baby
Soap for baby
Diapers and wipes
Lastly, don’t forget to install the car seat in your car!
I’ll be using the same vertical folding method to pack my hospital bag that I use to pack my carry on bag! Check it out by clicking the play button below:
What do you like to pack in your bag? Let me know in the comments below! Wishing all the pregnant ladies out there a fast and healthy delivery!